The Department for Education’s vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium
ALL pupils leaving primary school are physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The premium funding is used to fund improvements to the provision of PE and Sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, to give the opportunity to develop healthy lifestyles and improve whole school PE. Further information can be viewed at https://www.gov.uk/government/policies/getting-more-people-playing-sport/supporting-pages/school-pe-and-sport-funding
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following objective:
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools. It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision (above) that will live well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for a whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
Please see the documents below for a full outline of how sport premium has been used to achieve this at Discovery Special Academy.